07 August 2007

Gad Zukes! the one that got away!

We're in the garden every evening together, hunting zucchini and gazing admiringly at all the wonderful stuff out there... Our rule of thumb is that we want zucchini at about 8 inches long, though they often go from a teeny baby to 10 or 12 inches long on a really hot or really stormy day.

Then again, zucchini are very wily creatures - -and especially the Goliath Consortium at the southeast corner of the garden. This monster appeared full blown on Sunday afternoon -- I swear it wasn't there when I watered and fed the garden on Sunday morning!



Honest!!

2 comments:

  1. See, I warned you about the zucchini fairy but you didn't listen. Now your doomed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so much that I didn't believe you, Mark, but you didn't tell me about it until I was already sunk... ;)

    ReplyDelete

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!